Ensemble Band Teacher at Unique, Non Profit Youth Music Program
The Plugged In Band Program in Needham is hiring a teacher for in-person and virtual ensembles and private lessons. Plugged In is a kind, fun, supportive and creative community where all employees and students are valued and included.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge in guitar, drums, keyboard and bass - and proficiency in at least 1-2 of those instruments.
- Band classes are 1 1/2 hours long and are offered weekdays between 3:00-9:00 PM Monday thru Friday, Saturdays between 11:00-6:30 PM and Sundays between 11:00-8:00 PM at the Plugged In facility in Needham.
- We are located within walking distance of MBTA bus and commuter rail stops.
Please see this link for more job description details.
Plugged In is a unique nonprofit youth rock band program in Needham teaching young musicians ages 8-19 of all levels and needs about using music to create positive change in the world. In addition to weekly ensemble band classes, private lessons, summer camp, songwriting workshops, community performances, music technology classes and virtual cross-cultural music programs, five times a year Plugged In students perform in benefit concerts that raise money for causes and organizations chosen by the students themselves. Plugged In provides a nurturing and supportive community to which young musicians feel a sense of belonging, an opportunity to express and be acknowledged for their musical interests and a chance to use their music to help others around the world.
- Can transcribe music quickly
- Familiar with a wide variety of music
- Familiar with guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and vocals
- Experience teaching ensembles
Compensation - $26.67/hour for ensemble band classes
Please email resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Part Time